In Home Care – Practice Mentor
November 16, 2020
Do you want to be part of an organisation that inspires and enriches early childhoods?
Work for purpose
Research states that the first five years of a child’s life are the most important for their ongoing development. Our organisation has spent almost half a century ensuring families have a flexible, home-based choice of early education and care option for their children.
Family Day Care Association Queensland (FDCAQ) is the state’s leading peak body for the family day care sector. Since 1977, FDCAQ has been the leading voice in advocating, researching and promoting the benefits of family day care. Our services include family day
care, in-home care, and educational and professional services.
We are a values-led, profit for purpose organisation. We know that without dedicated and committed team members, the ability to make a difference in the lives of children, families and the community would not be possible.
About the role
This is a full-time position, reporting through to the Assistant Manager NQ. The position could be based in Emerald, Rockhampton, Gladstone or Mackay, Brisbane or Townsville depending on where the successful candidate resides. The Practice Mentor will be required to travel to Educators throughout Central Queensland on a regular basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ability to plan and coordinate travel to visit families in rural and remote areas of Queensland
- Visiting Educators to ensure compliance and the health, safety and wellbeing of children in their care
- Supporting families with relationship building, conflict resolution, and ongoing communication.
- Building capacity in Educators to be able to demonstrate genuine knowledge of regulations, legislation and service policies
- Conducting annual audits, support to access training, reference checks and follow up audit visits.
- Managing the referrals and intake of suitable families
- Keeping up to date with Child Care Subsidy and Family Assistance Law
- Ensuring the program delivery is line with IHC Guidelines
- Attend community events to promote FDCAQ so that community are aware of services.
Above all, we are looking for someone who:
- Has a sense of humour
- Is courageous and curious
- Has a passion for quality outcomes for children and families
- Is agile and flexible
We are a values-led organisation; we are passionate about what we do. We want people who share our values and beliefs, and who can bring real diversity to our business. We want our team members to feel supported, included and valued.
Why In Home Capricornia?
People want to be innovative, develop and grow. We want work/life balance to spend more time with our families.
Our teams are empowered to be autonomous and think outside the square. There are opportunities to work and learn other areas of the business if desired, as well as professional development and training. We support our teams and their families by
offering flexible work options.
Qualifications / Certificates / Licenses required:
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (minimum)
- Class C drivers license
- Well-developed skills in the use of information technology
- Ability to work outside normal business hours
- Experience in education and care sector
- Ability to work independently
- Eligible for a working with children check
Contact and apply
For more information and to apply for this role, please contact:
Cathy Cahill at firstname.lastname@example.org