Head of Quality and Curriculum
October 14, 2020
Australian Capital Territory
Only About Children (Oac) provides high quality early years education and care to over 9000 children across a network spanning more than 75 campuses. We are unique and we believe our curriculum, programs and services are also unique, specifically designed and developed in house by early learning childhood specialists.
Children are at the heart of our brand and we believe in the positive impact we can have on their overall education and wellbeing. We take the opportunity to lead our sector, and continually strive to be at the cutting edge of everything we do. We focus on innovation, development and passion for education. We invite curiosity, discovery and forward thinking.
An exciting role has become available for an experienced professional to lead Oac’s Quality & Curriculum function.
The Head of Quality & Curriculum is responsible to lead, develop and deliver Oac’s pedagogy strategy. This role is critical to both defining and implementing Oac’s early childhood education and care services.
We are seeking a thought leader who is passionate about early childhood education and development, looking to continuously develop and innovate Oac’s offering.
Working closely with the GM – People, Product and Customer, this role will act as a deep technical subject matter expert in the sector and have a strength in the National Law and Regulatory framework. Leading a team of professionals, who are responsible for ensuring quality and curriculum is embedded across the organisation, you will be the champion of delivering a leading early learning education experience across the Oac Group.
Your passion, knowledge and leadership within the Sector will be highly valued as you work to inspire, lead, coach and mentor the educational leaders within Oac. This includes our Campus Directors, Children Services Professionals and broader Educator teams.
Qualification & Experience
For the best possible fit, we are looking for someone who can:
- Bachelor’s & / or post graduate studies in relevant area or equivalent work experience
- 10-15+ years of related experience in an early learning environment
- Deep understanding of the early learning regulatory framework, quality and compliance
- Previous experience in sector research, presentations, conferences
- Experience in Government policy and relations
- Strong influencer with the ability to identify stakeholder needs, focus on solutions and determine the appropriate actions
- Inspire, coach, mentor and motivate a team to deliver amazing results daily
- You will have a high level of empathy, working with families with children in care
- Most importantly, you will thrive on building a highly skilled and engaged team
If this sounds like you, then we can offer:
- Challenge – we want you to stretch yourself and make a positive impact
- Benefits – we provide discounted childcare and “Oac time”
- Celebrations – we love to recognise and applaud great work
- Balance – we truly have a flexible and engaging environment
Our proposition is different and so is our attitude. We’re passionate about education, lead with action, unite as one team and uphold integrity. Critical to our success are the great people who work here and the relationships they share with families.
If you’re interested in this position simply apply by clicking here and submitting a letter of application to Tasha Valenzuela, Talent Acquisition Manger
Applications close 6th November 2020.