Early Learning Quality Operations Manager
July 01, 2022
Lead the Early Learning quality and assurance activity
Hybrid role working from home and across our ELC sites
Full time; $128,117 – $138,299 package
This role will focus on quality improvements for operational performance of our Early Learning Centres and ensure best practice across pedagogy and compliance. Joining the Early Learning Senior Leadership Team, you will support the ongoing operations at centres and provide direction for new initiatives, strategic planning and centre improvements.
As the ELQ Operations Manager you will:
- Work collaboratively with Area Mangers, ELC Leadership team and educators, providing mentoring and quality direction;
- Prepare and support centres end to end through the Assessment and Rating process;
- Ensure that children’s learning and development are guided by the learning outcomes of the approved learning frameworks;
- Guide and develop educators and families’ understandings about play based learning, and the significance of the early years in the education continuum for children.
This is a permanent full time role with a salary package of $128,117 – $138,299. You’ll work from home and across the Early Learning Centres in your sector.
To be successful in this role, you will provide professional leadership and have the ability to establish and maintain positive networks that facilitate effective communication and operations. We are looking for someone with previous experience in a leadership position who has great industry knowledge of Early Education. In addition, you will be an innovative creative thinker ready to add value to our Children’s Programs team.
Mandatory Pre-Requisite Qualifications
- Diploma Qualification in Early Childhood Education and Care and/or Tertiary qualifications in Early Childhood and/or Business Management (preferred)
- First Aid Level II and CPR
- Anaphylaxis and Asthma qualifications (or willingness to obtain)
- Current and Valid Victorian Drivers Licence
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership position
About the Y
At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 5,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children’s programs, early learning, youth services, and social enterprises.
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened (including police check, working with children check and reference checks). To learn more about our commitment to safeguarding children and young people visit victoria.ymca.org.au
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y – online health and wellness
How to Apply
Working for the YMCA is a rewarding and challenging experience for those with a positive attitude, zest for life and who seek to contribute to the bigger picture. If this is you, click the Apply button now.