Educational Leader / 2IC – Melbourne
July 26, 2021
Educational Leader / 2IC
Are you a driven, motivated, experienced and passionate Educational Leader looking for a new opportunity?
We are looking for a full-time Pedagogical Leader (Educational Leader) and 2IC to help us continue to provide mindful and holistic education and care, from our new centre in the city.
The Aurora Story:
Aurora Early Education, founded by a mother-daughter duo, is an early education service that aims to ‘exceed’ in all areas of service.
We are dedicated to creating a more peaceful, connected and loving world for the next generation. Because 80% of an individual’s development happens between birth and 5 years, we believe a mindful, positive and collaborative early learning environment is key to achieving this goal.
Our pillars (Connect, Care and Create) seamlessly combine with the three pillars of the Early Years Learning Framework (Being, Belonging and Becoming). Aurora focuses on creating an inclusive, supportive educational environment, passionate about helping our children ‘be all they can be’.
Our service locations are in Rowville and Doncaster and later this year, also in the city of Melbourne.
What We Offer Our Educators:
‘It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge‘
Each member of our team forms part of the Aurora Village. We are committed to ensuring that you continue to develop your professional skills, with your well-being a priority.
Working with us, you receive:
- An opportunity to create and develop the centre’s educational program and practice that combines both ancient and modern theories of learning
- An opportunity to work with the CEO
- Recognition for exceeding performance through a tailored rewards program linked to short and long-term goals
- On-going mentoring and support from senior members of the Aurora team
- On-going customised professional development with great opportunities for career development and growth
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
- All resources and uniform provided
- Support from within the Aurora Village, to help you find joy in your work and create a long-term professional home
We have high expectations of our team members and the delivery of quality programs. In this position we expect you to:
- Develop and help implement a high quality educational program in collaboration with the Studio Leaders and Leadership team
- Continually reflect and implement strategies to improve the educational program in the service
- Conduct audits and analyse data to ensure consistency amongst services
- Mentor and share knowledge to educators through trainings, meetings, presentations and online collaboration tools
- Collaborate with centre managers to provide professional development plans for educators both individually and service-wide
- Participate in innovative and exciting projects
- Support Aurora’s Marketing Team to produce written articles that demonstrate the Aurora pedagogy
This role requires you to be:
- Open to the practice of mindfulness
- Proactive and have attention to detail
- Energetic, confident and articulate
- Able to consistently maintain high standards and expectations for yourself and others
- Capable of displaying strong leadership qualities
- Passionate about high quality practice is usual practice and able to demonstrate this consistently and frequently across the service
- A role model for strong pedagogical practices
- Appreciative of inquiry and reflective practice
The essential criteria for this role is:
- Bachelor of Teaching / Education (Early Childhood) or ACECQA assessed qualifications or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of industry knowledge and experience, and within that time must have had 2 years experience as an Educational Leader
- Experience in or knowledge of working in an exceeding service
- Current working with Children Check
- Current Police Check
- Current First Aid and Anaphylaxis and Asthma training
- Advanced knowledge in NQS, EYLF / VEDYLF, practice principles and reflective practices
- Pleasant, positive, self motivated, proactive individual who motivates others and enjoys building healthy relationships with different stakeholders
- A professional approach in line with Aurora’s philosophy
Send us a cover letter with your resume and if you have any questions, call our friendly office on (03) 8820 8400.
For more information about our service and our philosophy, please visit our website at https://auroraearlyeducation.com.au/