Want to make a difference to the lives of children with a leading not-for-profit-organisation?
- Fixed term part-time position, 4 days per week
- Flexible, family-friendly workplace
- Generous employment conditions with professional development
- Salary $75,661.04 per annum plus superannuation (pro-rata)
- Northern Suburbs location, Wurundjeri Country
- As per Victorian Government COVID-19 mandates we require all staff to be fully vaccinated
ABOUT THE ROLE
Peak body Community Child Care Association is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced and motivated person to join our Preston-based team as an Education and Care Consultant.
This is a fixed term part-time position commencing early 2022, 4 days per week.
You will be responsible for mentoring and supporting long day care services, family day care services, outside school hours care services to build their inclusive practices. You will work towards the vision that all Victorian children should be able to meaningfully and actively participate in an education and care service of their family’s choice in their community.
Creating sustainable partnerships between services, community organisations and groups, as well as government agencies, is a key part of this diverse and interesting role.
ABOUT COMMUNITY CHILD CARE ASSOCIATION
Established in 1971, Community Child Care Association (CCC) is the voice of community-based education and care services in Victoria. We’re active right across the state, providing leadership and advocacy, working with governments, and supporting services. Our heritage and reputation as a sector leader often sees us take on large projects, including the Victorian Inclusion Agency (VIA).
The Victorian Inclusion Agency is responsible for the delivery of inclusion support services under the Australian Government’s Inclusion Support Programme (ISP). Working towards meaningful participation for all children in education and care, the VIA is a valuable go-to for services, offering program support, practical strategies, one-on-one mentoring and access to funding and online resources.
This position involves travel across North East Melbourne and will suit an experienced early/middle childhood professional or educator who is looking to develop their career. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of children and enjoys working within a dynamic and friendly team.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience and confidence in building strong partnerships and facilitating groups (with a wide range of people at all levels)
- Self-directed with excellent time management
- Experience maintaining comprehensive records
- Strong commitment to inclusion of all children
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications, data bases & virtual meeting technologies is highly desirable
- Tertiary qualification in Early Childhood Education/Social Services or 3+ years’ experience in an education and care setting with a relevant diploma
- A current drivers licence with access to a comprehensively insured motor vehicle
- A current Working with Children Check or equivalent
WHAT’S ON OFFER
- Opportunity to accelerate your career and make a difference at a peak body for education and care
- Generous employment conditions including bonus leave days and work from home options
- Creative, collaborative and friendly team culture
- Opportunity to work at an award-winning workplace – The Voice Project has awarded Community Child Care Association a Best Workplace award for 2021!
COMMUNITY CHILD CARE ASSOCIATION VALUES DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Community Child Care Association is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment that values and celebrates the diversity of its people. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply for our roles.
For queries about the position, please contact: Kate Kent on 03 9486 3455.