Early Childhood Teacher
July 23, 2021
New South Wales
Early Childhood Teacher
FROEBEL St Leonards provides inspiring learning environments on 3 levels plus a rooftop playground for 99 children from 6 months to 6 years. The service has been rated “Exceeding the National Quality Standard”. Our program focuses on immersive language learning and inquiry-based early learning by implementing the Little Scientists program (https://littlescientists.org.au/). Please visit our FROEBEL website (https://www.froebel.com.au/) and our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/froebelaustralia) to learn more about us! ?
About the Role
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic Early Childhood Teacher for our Preschool Room where a team of 6 educators and teachers provide early learning for 40 children. This is a part-time role with 37.5 hours per week worked across 5 days.
We offer you
- a happy workplace with a collaborative team and a supportive Centre Director
- a purposeful and rewarding role providing education and care for young children
- a salary substantially above Modern Award
- allocated planning time each week and regular paid team meetings
- mentoring by the centre’s Educational Leader
- generous professional development opportunities, including the chance to take part in the FROEBEL Future Leaders Program
- an employee wellbeing program with regular initiatives (e.g. weekly fruit baskets, free flu-shots)
- a complimentary employee assistance program (access to confidential professional counselling services)
- on-site parking at reduced rates / walking distance to public transport.
We need you to
- hold an approved Bachelor/Master degree in Early Childhood Teaching or equivalent and a current NESA registration
- have experience as a Room Leader
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to built and grow trusting relationships with colleagues, families and community members
- be a true team player
- have a keen interest in immersive language and inquiry-based learning; an interest in STEM is a bonus
- have an understanding of contemporary child safe practices
- last but definitely not least: have a sunny personality with a positive attitude!
If this is you, please email your resume to [email protected]. Please also write a short cover letter/note outlining why you applied for this role! ? Only eligible applicants will be contacted by FROEBEL.
FROEBEL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
FROEBEL is a child safe organisation.