Early Childhood Teacher (Kindergarten) – Park Ridge, QLD
November 22, 2021
Early Childhood Teacher
Bright Future Early Education Centre operate family-owned centres, with two current locations at Eight Mile Plains and Springwood, both rated Exceeding the NQS. We are preparing to open our brand-new service at Park Ridge!
Bright Future strives to provide genuine, well-researched and meaningful care and education for all children, founded by forming close bonds with children, respectful partnerships with families, and friendships within the team. In a profession focused on the lives of children and those around them, our company prioritises people. We understand that not only all children and families are unique with individual needs, but staff are too. Our company is founded by a tight-knit team of professionals who work on fairness, trust and respect, aiming to inspire ownership and commitment within the team and community.
We are seeking a passionate, sincere and dedicated Early Childhood Teacher (Kindergarten) to join our brand new centre in Park Ridge. As a qualified teacher in charge of the Kindergarten program, the ECT will be an independent and innovative thinker, inspired to provide a well-researched and high quality educational program, with outstanding communication skills and team-oriented mindset. Focus is always on achieving the best possible outcomes for individual children, and providing a safe, engaging, secure and nurturing environment to support children to achieve their potential. The ECT is naturally viewed as a leader in the field, and will be supported and inspired by an experienced Educational Leader and likewise, degree-qualified management. An ongoing planning structure based on our philosophy is provided and consistent throughout the centre, however individual flair, creative ideas and researched suggestions is encouraged, to promote ownership of the role. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and keen to pitch new ideas and be supported in their implementation. A generous budget is accessible for the ECT to independently manage, for children to experience incursions, excursions, and purchase resources to further provide an educational program that aligns with our service’s philosophy and planning cycle.
Our company offers a family-like yet professional work environment; staff prioritise children first and build respectful and positive relationships with each other. Management consider work-life balance of each individual and operate on fairness and open, collaborative communication and decision-making. Our company is in partnership with several services ensuring opportunities to network, grow and develop are available.
In return for your skills and experience, Bright Future will offer:
- Above award wage
- $5000 basic bonus at the end of the year
- 6-weeks annual leave (school holidays, whilst providing the Kindergarten program on a term basis)
- Autonomy over expenditure from a generous budget from Kindy funding
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Compassionate, humble and sincere in interactions with people (children,families and staff)
- Independent teacher with the ability to plan, document and implement a high-quality program based on the QKLG
- Welcoming and positive personality, with the ability to gain respect and trust from families and children as a professional in the field
- Creative thinker and passionate to set up a brand new room
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience as an Early Childhood Teacher (Kindergarten) of a long day care centre (although, recent graduates will be considered)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) qualification, ACECQA equivalent, or above
- Queensland College of Teachers (QCT) Registration
- Current Blue Card, First Aid Certificate (including Asthma and Anaphylaxis)
- Current and accurate knowledge of National Quality Standards
- An understanding of Inclusion Support and supporting children and families with, or with suspected, additional needs
- Thorough knowledge, both written and in practice, of Early Years Learning Framework and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines
- Up to date knowledge of fire training, safe sleeping practices and child protection
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted via emailing email@example.com and must include a full resume and cover letter addressing the above individual strengths and essential criteria. Suitable applicants will be contacted to arrange an interview.