Director – Early Childhood Education & Care – Parkville, VIC
August 31, 2021
Director – Early Childhood Education & Care
Womindjeka / Wominjeka – Welcome (in the language groups of the Boon Wurrung and Woi Wurrung (Wurundjeri) peoples of the Kulin Nation). This service, located in Parkville is located on the land of the Wurundjeri people. This Service is committed to reconciliation and creating meaningful integration of Indigenous cultures into all aspects of the organisation.
Director position with attractive salary package ($90,000-$110,000)
Great benefits & support including 5 weeks annual leave
Exceeding service with award winning, state-of-the art facilities
Now is your chance to join a growing, value-driven, not-for-profit provider striving for excellence in early childhood education.
We are seeking an experienced & passionate Service Director to join this exceeding service with state-of-the-art facilities in Parkville, Melbourne.
This service boats amazing facilities, resources, and award-winning programs, ensuring children are engaged, challenged, and learning through play. The program also includes bilingual opportunities and STEM education & inquiry-based learning.
Why this role:
- Full time service Director position.
- Opportunity to lead and manage a service, ensuring high quality education & care to children aged 6months-5years.
- Lead, guide, coach & develop a team of Early Childhood professionals and educators.
- Attractive salary & benefits package | around $90,000-$100,000 (depending on qualifications & experience).
- Opportunity to lead service independently with ongoing support from head office (located in Sydney).
- A collaborative environment with opportunities to network with the company’s other 4 service Directors (based in Melbourne & Sydney).
- 5 weeks annual leave!
- Service is open on Melbourne specific public holidays (e.g., Melbourne Cup, AFL grand final)
Why this service:
- Exceeding service (exceeding in 6 quality areas!).
- Beautiful indoor & outdoor learning spaces across 4 levels.
- A strong focus on nature and bringing nature indoors. This is shown with indoor gardens, natural resources, bamboo tunnels, indoor sandpits & more.
- Immersive language programs, STEM education & inquiry-based learning programs.
- Integrated Kindergarten program.
- Licensed for 100 children from 6 months-5 years old.
- Work with a knowledgeable team of 35 educators and early learning professionals.
- Fantastic wellbeing program including free flu-shots, fruit baskets, EAP services & more.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities including with the parent organisation in Germany.
- Reduced fees for your own child’s attendance at the service.
- Free onsite parking.
Who are we looking for?
- Someone with a minimum of 1 year experience in a Centre Director or Assistant Director role of a large(r) service
- Someone who is highly motivated, knowledgeable, diligent, progressive, business-savvy.
- Someone with empathy & patience, who can build relationships with management, colleagues, stakeholders, families, children & the community.
- Someone with an understanding of, and can work with & support, educators of differing abilities & knowledge.
- Someone with fantastic communication skills.
- Someone who can lead, mentor and support educators in their roles.
- Someone who is open to continuous improvement in their professional practice and service goals.
- Someone with great planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to speak German is desirable but not essential.
- Strong understanding of the National Quality Framework.
- Excellent understanding of the EYLF: Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia.
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk – Accredited Child Protection or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting or willingness to obtain (1 day training).
We are looking for an individual that understands, adheres, and promotes The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations. In your position you will create a culture, adopt strategies & take action to promote child wellbeing and prevent harm to children & young people.
A Working with Children Check applies to this position
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information on this role. Contact the team at [email protected]
How can I apply?
Submit your resume along with a cover letter that outlines why you would make a great fit for this position. Please ensure your resume is up to date & showcases who you are.
We recommend including a personal philosophy or mission statement to stand out from the other candidates.