Centre Manager – Melbourne city
November 04, 2021
Are you a driven, motivated, experienced and passionate Centre Manager looking for a new opportunity?
We are looking for a committed full-time Centre Manager tohelp us continue to provide mindful and holistic education and care, from our new centre in the city.
The Aurora Story:
Aurora Early Education, founded by a mother-daughter duo, is an early education service that aims to ‘exceed’ in all areas of service.
We are dedicated to creating a more peaceful, connected and loving world for the next generation. Because 80% of an individual’s development happens between birth and 5 years, we believe a mindful, positive and collaborative early learning environment is key to achieving this goal.
Our pillars (Connect, Care and Create) seamlessly combine with the three pillars of the Early Years Learning Framework (Being, Belonging and Becoming). Aurora focuses on creating an inclusive, supportive educational environment, passionate about helping our children ‘be all they can be’.
Our service locations are in Rowville and Doncaster and early next year, also in the city of Melbourne.
What We Offer Our Team Members:
‘It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge‘
– Albert Einstein
Each member of our team forms part of the Aurora Village. We are committed to ensuring that you continue to develop your professional skills, with your well-being a priority.
Working with us, you receive:
- Salary and benefits that are negotiable and commensurate with experience
- Stable and welcoming work environment
- Ongoing Professional Development opportunities
- Recognition for exceeding performance through a tailored rewards program linked to short and long-term goals
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
- All resources and uniform provided
- Support from within the Aurora Village, to help you find joy in your work and create a long-term professional home
We have high expectations of our team members and the delivery of quality programs. In this position we expect you to:
- Manage the overall service of the centre
- Attend to all office administrative tasks, weekly accounts and reports
- Be compliant with Policies and Procedures as per the legislation and NQS
- Manage all Workplace Health & Safety legislation and issues
- Be responsible for all aspects of Ratio Management
- Effectively manage occupancy and conversion rates
- Have positive interactions with Parents, Children, Educators and the Community
- Collaborate with staff and key stakeholders of the service
- Coordinate suppliers and subcontractors
This role requires you to be:
- Open to the practice of mindfulness
- Proactive with attention to detail
- Energetic, confident and articulate
- Able to consistently maintain high standards and expectations for yourself and others
- Capable of displaying strong leadership qualities
- Passionate that high quality practice is usual practice and able to demonstrate this consistently and frequently across the service
- Appreciative of inquiry and reflective practice
The essential criteria for this role is:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Centre Manager / Director role in a long day care setting
- Minimum qualification: Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care or above
- Proven ability to lead, manage and support a team of Educators and staff
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- Child Protection legislation & implications (approved Child Protection Training)
- Current Police Check
- Competent in NQS, EYLF / VEDYLF practice principles
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Pleasant, positive, self motivated, proactive individual who motivates others to establish positive relationships with families, children, educators and key stakeholders of the service
- Excellent time management skills
- Advanced computer skills required CCMS / Word / Excel / Cloud based apps
- Punctual, honest and responsible individual who can lead by example
- Experience in or knowledge of working in an exceeding service
- A professional approach in line with Aurora’s philosophy
If you are interested in this position then apply now!
For more information about our service and our philosophy, please visit our website at https://auroraearlyeducation.com.au/