Area Manager – Central Coast/Newcastle and Sydney
July 12, 2022
New South Wales
About The Opportunity
As a specialist in Early Education and Care, you will drive an innovative culture with excellent communication skills and exemplary knowledge of “The Early Years learning Framework”. You will join the Early Learning Senior Leadership Team to continue to improve and develop our network of services.
Playing a key management role across a portfolio of services on the Central Coast/Newcastle and in Sydney, the Area Manager will be required to travel across our sites, leading the professional development and providing support to the coordinators, management committees, chairpersons and their teams.
The Area Manager will be focused on ensuring that business performance goals are achieved, legislative, regulatory and all requirements of the National Quality Framework are met in all services. This role is a great opportunity for an ambitious leader who can contribute to the growth strategies and business development opportunities across Uniting’s Services.
Who are we?
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. We come from a belief that the power of inclusivity and community is the key ingredient to creating an environment where children can grow and flourish.
We’re for people that value the spirit of family and trust it above all else, especially when it comes to the wellbeing and stewardship of their children.
We are world-class educators and provide a level of quality that surpasses many of our competitors, but more than this, we create an environment that makes children and their families feel connected to each other and to those around them.
Thriving begins with belonging!
Our other services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and act to keep them safe. As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
- Previous experience as a service coordinator or director at long day care or Preschool and multisite management (3-5 years minimum experience)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate child appropriate programs and activities across multiple sites
- Bachelor’s in Early Learning or similar and experience in Early Childhood Education.
- Previous experience delivering strategies and programs intended for 0-5year old’s
- Must be willing to travel and be “on the road” on a weekly basis
- Current Working with Children’s Check
What do I need to succeed?
- A proven track record providing efficient and effective management across, long day care and/or preschool and teams
- A desire to continually learn and add value to the service
- Exceptional knowledge of “The Early Years learning Framework”
- Team focused with emphasis on providing a high level of customer care
- Highly organised and flexible, ability to think outside the box and forward plan
- Positive and optimistic outlook, friendly disposition
- A work history demonstrating reliability, punctuality, enthusiasm, initiative and commitment
- Experience of supporting continuous improvement including developing professional learning plans and programs
What’s in it for me?
- Exciting multifaceted role, where you get to build capacity across teams whilst engaging with children and families
- Opportunity to become a key stakeholder in NSW third largest not for profit Early Learning Provider
- Salary Packaging – save money on less tax!
- Tool of Trade vehicle
- Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer who supports an inclusive approach in the workplace
- Flexibility around start and finish times. Location negotiable for the right person
What do I need to do now?
Click on the apply button.
Please contact Aparna Kumbhari on [email protected] should you have any questions or require additional information.
“We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe”
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check, Working with Children Check and Reference Checks.