Area Manager – ACT
October 09, 2020
Australian Capital Territory
G8 Education is an ASX 200 organisation and leading provider of quality early education and care services. Owning over 500 Centres across Australia and Singapore and with over 11,000 team members, we are continually expanding and looking to grow and strengthen our network. G8 Education is committed to delivering employee incentives and professional development programs to achieve a rewarding culture that will ensure an engaged and driven workforce.
About the role:
G8 Education is undergoing a period of positive transformation and we are currently seeking an Area Manager to manage early education services located in the ACT, reporting to the Regional Manager.
With a portfolio of approximately 9 early education centres, the Area Manager will be responsible for ensuring the effective running of our childcare operations by leading and supporting Centre Managers to drive performance and quality within their centres. They will promote a culture that is aligned with the G8 Core Values and adheres to G8 Education policies and procedures and the National Quality Framework.
- Drive team engagement through positive leadership.
- Foster a culture of diversity, inclusion, teamwork, fairness, achievement, fun at work, and recognition.
- Manages area full team ratio (FTR), considering required qualifications needed for positions.
- Identify and develop internal talent to provide bench strength across the area and region.
- Recruitment and onboarding of new Centre Managers.
- Hold Centre Managers accountable for their Centre’s operational and business performance.
- Coach and mentor your team to achieve required standards and behaviours.
Ideally, you will have:
- Passionate about the first five years of children’s development.
- Experienced in multi-site management (retail or education).
- A strong leader, with the ability to provide direction, coaching and support to a team of up to 10 Centre Managers.
- Comfortable operating in a regulatory environment.
- Accountable for delivering core business objectives across the area.
- Adaptable, flexible and able to respond positively to change.
- Organised and able to manage competing priorities with ease.
- Attractive Above Award salary package including company vehicle and performance incentive benefits.
- Generous discount on childcare fees.
- Exclusive access to our team member benefits program covering a wide range of discounts and promotions.
- At G8 we encourage a healthy lifestyle and have a dedicated health and wellness program and team to help you reach your personal goals.
This is a rare opportunity; if you want a diverse, challenging and personally fulfilling role.