Childcare Jobs - Support office, Part Time - Mawson Lakes SA, Australia
- Searching for a meaningful career with a true work-life balance to kick off 2024?
- Are you seeking a change?
- Are you passionate about Inclusion, Early Intervention and the Early Years?
- Do you want to amplify your impact and create meaningful change for children?
At Goodstart Early Learning, our Occupational Therapists work in partnership with Early Childhood Educators to support the inclusion needs of children in their Early Learning settings.
Our Occupational Therapists work entirely in the natural setting of Early Learning Centres. KPIs are achievable, are set for success, and enable you to reach your Professional Development goals.
Interested? Take a look below and get in touch to apply for this exciting positio
As an Occupational Therapist at Goodstart Early Learning, you will get to see the impact of your work daily through the eyes of children, families and Educators.
Imagine working in an integrated and holistic way to enhance the outcomes of children in partnership with the Centre Director, Educators and families. You will engage and support our most vulnerable children and families by building strategies to enhance every child's access and participation within early learning environments. You will seek to enhance Children’s Occupational Performance through considering the physical and sensory environment, the structure of routines, tasks and activities, and the capacity of individual children to part-take in the things they need and want to do.
- Implement evidence-informed capacity building approaches to enhance outcomes for children and families within the early learning and care setting.
- Work alongside centre directors, educators and other key stakeholders to observe, identify and support the progression of children’s learning, development and well-being.
- As a key member of the care team around the child, communicate and engage regularly with families to support the inclusion and participation of their child.
- Build linkages with local services and streamline referral pathways into and out of the centre.
- Attend and participate in Centre Team meetings and contribute to the development of a strong, cohesive team.
You’ll bring to the table:
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy
- Demonstrated understanding of child development (birth - 5 years) and an awareness of the opportunities and unique nature of working with children in natural settings
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication, negotiation and coaching skills to achieve improved outcomes for children and families
- Ability to document, analyse and report on relevant key performance indicators
- Flexibility and adaptability, and an ability to work effectively as part of a team of Allied Health professionals, Early Childhood Education and Care Professionals, families, and other key stakeholders
What Goodstart can offer you
- Flexible work arrangements giving you choice about when and how work will be done in order to better manage your work and non-work needs.
- Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduce your taxable income to increase take home pay.
- Access to discounted childcare (up to 15%)
- Discounted Health care and access to employee wellbeing program with BUPA
- Exclusive discounts on travel, gym memberships, Apple and Dell products, and more.
- Work for a company that has an aspiration to be globally recognised for early years practice and learning outcomes.
- Gain significant investment in your growth and development with support, tools, training and experiences that will truly enhance the progress and outcomes for children in their earliest years.
- Be a part of a team and work environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging, inclusion and purpose.
- Regular social events at our head office location
- Security and stability - as Australia’s largest provider of early learning and care and a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families.