Childcare Jobs - Quality/Practice support, Contract - Cairns QLD, Australia
Our vision, at Goodstart, is building the Teaching, Learning and Support for ALL Children team as an “Expert Service” as a defined on-demand and responsive professional support structure, providing centres with direct access to expertise, at their point and time of need. This team provides high quality teaching, learning and practice support and development to our centre teams and the organisation. The focus for the team is supporting all aspect of universal teaching including additional needs teaching strategies as we recognise this is an essential element in effective teaching and learning delivery.
To achieve this vision, Goodstart Early Learning is re-imagining what is possible by evolving critical Practice roles to support teaching and learning for all children across Goodstart.
Goodstart Early Learning’s Pedagogy and Practice team is currently seeking a QRS Practice Partner.
As a QRS (Quality Rating Scales) Practice Partner, you will be a critical enabler of the State and National practice uplift goals, providing coaching and advice on all matters pertaining to the Goodstart Quality Rating Scales (QRS) and how these enables quality Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC).
QRS Practice Partners work in partnership with the broader Practice team to support all centres to complete accurate and reliable QRS self-assessments that further enable targeted and effective practice uplift actions.
- In this exciting, ‘hands on’ role you will be the first point of call for regarding the Quality Rating Scales and their application through areas of development in supporting practice uplift across all centres. You will achieve this through the requirement to visit each centre annually
- Support the delivery of on-demand, virtual coaching and advice for all roles regarding the QRS
- Build sustainable capability in centre teams through rich and reflective conversations with centre teams about their QRS self-assessment and moderation.
- Assure and validate the centre’s self-assessment, sharing observations that add insights to the self-assessment with Practice Partners.
- Work with Specialists to identify trends and insights surfaced through inquiries, QRS data ensuring the evolving teaching and learning for all children needs of our Goodstarters are being met.
- Be a point of assurance in the delivery of teaching and learning against the QRS scales and items
You’ll bring to the table;
- Minimum 4-year Early Childhood qualification from a recognised university.
- Extensive and recent practice-based early childhood teacher education experience (aged birth to 8 years).
- Sound knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework, other State based approved/recognised learning guidelines and the National Quality Standard.
- Sound understanding of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Excellent communication, organisational, evaluation and team leadership skills
- Being willing and able to travel through regional QLD
What Goodstart can offer you;
- Car or Car Allowance, Laptop and Phone
- Work for a company that has an aspiration to be globally recognised for early years practice and learning outcomes
- Gain significant investment in your growth and development with support, tools, training and experiences that will truly enhance the progress and outcomes for children in their earliest years.
- Be a part of a team and work environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging, inclusion and purpose
- Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income to increase take home pay
- Access to discounted childcare (up to 15%)
- Flexible work arrangements giving you choice about when and how work will be done in order to better manage your work and non-work needs
- Discounted health care and access to employee wellbeing program with BUPA
- Exclusive discounts on travel, gym memberships, Apple and Dell products, and more.