Brisbane QLD, Australia
At Goodstart, we\'re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can\'t do that without great people!
From our centre directors to centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years. As a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia\'s children to have the best possible start in life. Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
Goodstart Early Learning is currently seeking a State Performance Lead who will work alongside the State Manager in South East Queensland North to ensure we have the best Centre Directors in every centre, every day. The role works across all centres in the state to form a holistic view of centre performance with consideration to each centre’s contextual situation, team and leadership capability. The State Performance Lead also holds systems line manager and performance management responsibilities for a prescribed number of Centre Directors, assigned by the State Manager. This role is a key relationship for Centre Directors, supporting them to achieve exceeding performance and become empowered, then informed and finally adaptive leaders.
• Ensure Centre Directors and their teams are enabled and empowered to uplift centre performance
• Hold a deep understanding of each centre’s performance across all KPIs and each team’s capability needs.
• Positively challenge the status quo to decouple or simplify ineffective / unnecessary line manager systems and processes.
• Effectively monitor each centre’s performance using appropriate data, observations and insights according to agreed plans with the Centre Director.
• Work closely with all members of the State Support Team to form a holistic and current view of centre performance to better enable support services to ‘meet centres where they are at’.
• Work in collaboration with the appropriate expert services (in state and nationally) to verify Goodstart’s standards as defined in the 2025 strategy are being upheld across all centres.
• Support the State Manager with succession planning and talent mapping of all Centre Directors and key centre leadership positions, resulting in effective centre leadership teams across all centres in the State.
• Verify centres have impactful Quality Improvement Plans (QIPs) and philosophies that drive attitudes and behaviours consistent with exceeding and excellence in performance outcomes.
You\'ll help achieve this by
• Demonstrated ability to strategically think, collaborate and coordinate across state and national functions and the ability to navigate complexity, competing priorities and constantly changing situations and needs.
• Being a dynamic individual adept at supporting and surpassing KPIs, while navigating through various centers, each with distinct capabilities and operational landscapes.
• A sound knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Framework (NQF).
• Qualifications in a Business, Teaching or Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) discipline would be beneficial, but not essential.
• Strong business acumen across all domains of centre performance
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate existing knowledge, analyse data and formulate strategies to improve current performance
• Demonstrated ability to develop, lead and nurture high performing teams
• Valid QLD Working with Children Check Card
• Current Police Clearance
• Current Open Driving License
What Goodstart can offer you
• Fully Maintained Company Car or Car Allowance, Laptop and Phone
• Be part of a social enterprise, connected by an incredible purpose and part of an People team who value diverse perspectives and backgrounds.
• Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduce your taxable income to increase take home pay.
• Access to discounted childcare (up to 15%).
• Discounted health care and access to employee wellbeing program with BUPA.
• Exclusive discounts on travel, gym memberships, Apple and Dell products, and more.
• Work for a company that has an aspiration to be globally recognised for early years practice and learning outcomes.
• Investment in your growth and development with support, tools, training, and experiences that will truly enhance the progress and outcomes for children in their earliest years.
• Be part of Australia\'s largest provider of early learning and care and a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia\'s children and their families.
You can view the job ad and apply online here: https://careers.goodstart.org.au/job/MURARRIE%2C-BRISBANE-State-Performance-Lead-SEQ-North-QLD-4172/1110543100/
The Sector Jobs keeps the application process quick so you can get one step closer to your dream role.