Childcare Jobs - Support office, Full Time - Brisbane QLD, Australia
With 15,000 Goodstart team members across 661 centres nurturing 63,600 children, we’re Australia's largest provider of early learning and care. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia's children and their families. From our centre teams to our support teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Goodstart Early Learning is currently seeking a Funding and Grants Administration Lead that will act as a specialist resource in the Finance team leading the end-to-end process associated with Goodstart’s participation in Government grant and funding programs across Australia. This role is fundamental in researching and recommending viable funding opportunities, developing and executing grant applications alongside senior stakeholders, reporting and acquittals, along with overseeing a team of Funding Administers and Advisors.
- Leads the Co-ordination, evaluation and monitoring of grant-funded programs.
- Create and implement best practice strategy, policies and processes to meet the needs of Goodstart.
- Administers obligations for acquittal, including reporting requirements, associated with the
- participation in grant and funding programs.
- Evaluate funding requirements and identify both internal and external stakeholders in accordance with established principles, such as the Decision-Making Framework
- Creating exposure through local representation and collaboration with local stakeholders (both internal and external) to identify funding opportunities.
- Assists department personnel in writing periodic reports to comply with grant requirements.
- Manage and conduct regular internal audits on the effectiveness of associated policies and procedures whilst also ensuring that participation is in accordance with the funding plan.
- Lead, coach, mentor and develop the Funding and Grants Administration team to enable a high performing team.
What Goodstart can offer you:
- Flexible work arrangements giving you choice about when and how work will be done in order to better manage your work and non-work needs
- Security and stability - as Australia’s largest provider of early learning and care and a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families
- Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduce your taxable income to increase take home pay
- Access to discounted childcare (up to 15%)
- Discounted health care and access to employee wellbeing program with BUPA
- Exclusive discounts on travel, gym memberships, Apple and Dell products, and more.
- Work for a company that has an aspiration to be globally recognised for early years practice and learning outcomes
- Gain significant investment in your growth and development with support, tools, training and experiences that will truly enhance the progress and outcomes for children in their earliest years.
- Be a part of a team and work environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging, inclusion and purpose
- Regular social events at our head office location
You’ll bring to the table:
- Extensive experience and knowledge of grants, grants administration systems and processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated experience successfully completing applications for government grants.
- High level Data Analysis and reporting skills.
- Previous experience in people management.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills particularly with senior and Government stakeholders.
- Financial Modelling and reporting experience desirable.
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Finance or similar is desirable.