Childcare Jobs - Support office, Full Time - Brisbane QLD, Australia
You’ll thrive in this role with high-level exposure to different levels within the business and the variety of work you’ll complete daily. You can prioritise and have exceptional organisational skills to:
- Conduct serious incident investigations to ensure appropriate performance management is actioned, logged, and followed up in Affinity’s Safety Alert System, including records of counselling, notice of meeting, show cause and termination processing.
- As a senior member within the People and Culture team, provide HR advice across the full employee lifecycle including employee relations and performance management, remuneration, employee engagement, policies, and procedures, learning and development and workplace health and safety matters.
- Lead and promote strategies to drive high performing centres, ensuring alignment with Affinity’s values and core behaviours.
- Manage grievance processes and conducting investigations, in collaboration with the National Performance Manager.
- Develop, maintain, and improve HR system and processes and provide reports as required.
- Escalate identified gaps and/or process improvements in order to strengthen compliance controls, maximise efficiencies and enhance the employee experience.
- Creation, tracking and monitoring of development plans for centre leadership teams
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or related field or equivalent level of experience, training, and education
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in employee relations / performance / incident management
- Experience working in a high volume, fast paced People and Culture team within a large organisation
- Experience in partnering with, and influencing all business levels including service staff and management
- Experience interpreting and applying relevant Awards and National Employment Standards
- Intermediate level skills utilising a talent / human resource information system
- High level of interpersonal, problem solving, negotiation, writing and communication skills
- The desire to continuously achieve and the ability to manage competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to promote a positive team culture and resolve conflicts effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to set clear performance expectations and provide constructive feedback
- Resilience in the face of challenges and ability to inspire resilience in the team
- A `can do’ positive outlook with a strong team focus
- Attractive salary package
- Stunning Brisbane CBD office
- Flexible working arrangements
- 50% discount on childcare gap fees
- Fitness and Lifestyle Group memberships
- A professional culture and supportive work environment
- Career advancement opportunities
Why work for Affinity?
Affinity Education Group (AEG) is a leading early education and childcare provider, currently operating more than 220 centres across Australia, and over 5,500 staff. Our goal is to instill a lifelong love of learning in every child who attends our centres in their first five years. We believe all our staff contribute to creating a sense of belonging through cooperation, teamwork, and winning attitudes. In addition, we’re dedicated to providing a safe environment for our families, staff and communities through our professionalism and respect for one another.