Childcare Jobs - Training/Professional learning, Full Time - Springwood QLD, Australia
Education and Engagement Consultant- Regional and Remote
Pathways to Resilience
Term: Full Time- 12 months with possibility of extension pending funding
Salary: $78,780-$84,000PA + Super
RESILIENT CHILDREN, STRONG FAMILIES, CONNECTED COMMUNITIES
Pathways to Resilience is a not-for-profit trust based in Springwood QLD, serving communities Australia-wide by facilitating a range of social and emotional wellbeing programs that are informed by the Neurosequential Model of Education (Dr Bruce Perry).
Our evidence-informed programs have been developed to support the early childhood workforce understand the importance of supporting brain development in childhood.
Our consultants work with the Early Childhood workforce to mobilise understandings of how emotional regulation and relational wellbeing can support children with their life-long learning. Our coaching and mentoring programs translate the latest research from neuroscience and interpersonal neurobiology into useable knowledge, providing both the background theory and strategies that can be used in everyday practice.
Widely acknowledged for our impactful consultancy, Pathways high-quality workshops, mentoring and programs enable children, their educators and families to receive practical advice that supports individual wellbeing whilst building greater resilience. Our approach is informed by the latest research in applied neuroscience.
Our dedicated team delivers high-quality, practical workshops and programs that support wellbeing and build resilience by enabling children, educators and families to:
- View behaviour and emotions through a neuroscience lens
- Build strong, connected relationships
- Model, teach and support the development of social and emotional skills.
As an Education and Engagement Consultant, reporting to the Executive Director, you will work as part of a dedicated, experienced team to execute on the vision of Pathways to Resilience: Resilient Children, Strong Families, Connected Communities. You are responsible for facilitating the professional development programs for educators, parents and children and this will only occur by building strong working relationships. This role will be based in Springwood but will require regular interstate and intrastate travel in rural, remote and regional areas.
WHAT WE OFFER
We support our team with learning and development opportunities and an excellent employee benefits program. As part of the position, you will enjoy:
- Salary packaging, package up to $15,881 per year tax free
- In addition to your tax-free benefit, you can also package some of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses (meals, holiday accommodation etc.)
- Employee benefits program, including retail discounts.
- Hybrid working arrangements
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Travel to regional, rural and remote communities throughout Australia to facilitate training, mentoring and coaching of social and emotional wellbeing programs in a variety of settings;
- Mentoring on the floor in services to support staff;
- Document facilitation of projects as required;
- Assist Executive Director with reporting;
- Participate in research processes as required;
- Develop and maintain partnerships and working relationships to guarantee projects are delivered in an effective way;
- Contribute as an effective team member;
- Advocate and represent the organisation in various forums;
- Report to and take direction from the Executive Director;
- Liaise with the Senior Consultants and the Executive Director to ensure integrity and quality of practice.
- Identify client needs to prepare, scope and implement project plans;
- Develop additional professional development when required in consultation with the Executive Director
KEY CAPABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Essential - These must be addressed in a separate cover letter (2 page maximum) or your application will not be considered.
Successful applicants will have:
- Minimum of a bachelor-level degree in education or a related field, or Advanced Diploma with minimum 10 years experience
- The ability and capacity to travel to regional, rural and remote communities on a regular basis for extended periods
- Experience in social and emotional wellbeing and an understanding of neuroscience;
- Experience in facilitating professional development workshops with adults;
- An engaging presentation style and the ability to respond and meet the needs of diverse audiences;
- The ability and confidence to present to both small and large groups of people;
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills;
- An understanding of the importance of listening;
- Knowledge of the complexities of working in regional, rural and remote communities would be highly regarded;
- Ability to commit to working flexible hours (including weekends and evenings);
- Current open drivers’ license;
- Current Blue Card (or equivalent) or have the ability to apply for one
- Applicants must be eligible to legally work in Australia and proof of eligibility will be requested;
- We are a Child Safe organisation. You will have an understanding of current child protection legislation and policy reforms and be willing to complete Mandatory Reporting training on commencement of position.
- You will be confident and competent with office software (Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
- Early Childhood and/or Early Primary experience will be highly regarded;
- You are a self-directed learner, who is self-aware, motivated and reflective in your practice;
- You have a knowledge of neuroscience and its implications for education;
- You will bring creativity to the role;
- You will be able to use online video conferencing software to deliver training;
- You have the ability to adapt and work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- You will have strong interpersonal skills.
If you have any questions please visit our careers page or contact Tegan (Project Consultant) on 07 3299 3573 or [email protected], using the subject line: Education and Engagement Consultant enquiry.